All good questions…
Having lived a self-centered life, in ERROR for several years, I can attest that living a purpose driven life matters. In fact, it is the key to enjoying a truly fulfilling, successful life.
Living a purpose driven life begins with the understanding that God created us for a reason. He has a plan and a purpose that He wants each of us to fulfill, and… He will show you His plan for your life, just ask Him.
When you ask God, expect Him to answer. For me, He used my Zumba instructor, Nelly, to open my eyes to His plan. Nelly is a beautiful, young woman full of energy and a special love for Jesus Christ.
After class Nelly told me about a book, “The Purpose Driven Life,” written by Rick Warren. She told me that it was based on over 1000 scriptures and that God was using it to change her life. I bought it the next day and God has used it to transform my life significantly. Thank you Nelly!
Let’s take a look at Ephesians 1:11 (MSG) – “It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.”
God has 5 purposes for your life:
- God created you for His pleasure, NOT yours. He wants you to praise Him, worship Him, and live a life that gives Him glory. He wants you to love Him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. – “Give yourself completely to God since you have been given new life.”
Romans 6:13b (NLT)
- God formed you specifically to be an integral part of His family – His church. He wants you to love and care for other believers. He wants you to fellowship and serve within the church, NOT just go there to receive. – “You are members of God’s very own family… and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.”
Ephesians 2:19b (TLB)
- God wants you to develop the character of Jesus Christ. The Bible shows you the life Jesus lived as an example of how God wants you to live. He wants you to become a true disciple of Christ, living a Christ centered life, NOT a self-centered one. – “In all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
Romans 8:28 (NIV)
- God wants you to use the special gifts and talents that He blessed you with. Your entire life, your experiences, your problems, your everything, God wants you to use to love, serve, and help others. – “We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
- God wants you to be a messenger of His salvation, through Jesus Christ, to those who have yet to be saved by the grace of God. This can mean in your family, work, city, country, or on mission trips to other parts of the world. – “Work at bringing others to Christ.”
2 Timothy 4:5b (NLT)
In summary, My brothers and sisters in Christ, this is an overview of what God wants me to share with you. It is time for each of us, including you, to live God’s plan for our life… to live a Purpose Driven Life!
Please click here to contact me personally if you would like to know more, need prayer, or just want someone to talk with.
May God Bless You,